To all my fellow Penangites,
In view of the of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in Mukim 12, Southwest District which would be enforced tomorrow from 6 November until 19 November 2020, I have had further discussion with the Director of the State Security Council Committee (MKNPP) to scrutinize the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which has been set.
The MKNPP informed me that the complete SOP for the CMCO in Mukim 12 has been prepared and presented to the Federal Government. Among the details are:-
- The main affected areas are Bayan Lepas; Bayan Baru; Queensbay; Bayan Lepas Free Trade Zone (FTZ), Sungai Ara and Batu Maung which cover a total land area of 26.7 square kilometres and the estimated affected population is 150,000 people.
- The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) will make an announcement on the field assignment of relevant parties today including the Roadblock Locations (SJR) involved.
- Economic and industrial activities in the CMCO areas can remain operational based on the compliance with the set SOP.
- Movement into / out of or across the MCMO areas is not allowed. Only employees who have a valid Employee Pass OR a Letter of Permission from the employer is accepted for the purpose of work and performing duties.
- Only two (2) people are allowed in a vehicle for the purpose of obtaining food supply / basic needs, medical and other necessary necessities. High-risk individuals and children are not encouraged to go out to public, open and crowded areas;
- Public transport services such as the public buses, express buses and taxis / e-hailing are allowed to operate;
- Sports and recreational activities which have no physical contact and are carried out individually with no more than 10 people in the same and open area are allowed;
- Public and private higher learning institutions (IPT), skills training institutes, schools, kindergartens, nurseries, tahfiz centres and childcare centres must be closed during this period.
- The Federal Government will issue the full details of the SOPs as a reference for all.
In this regard, I once again urge those involved especially the residents of Mukim 12 Southwest District to remain calm and to comply with the SOP of the CMCO.
Continue to practice the 4Ps and, together, we will break the infection chain of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are capable of winning.
Penang Fights Covid-19!
CHOW KON YEOW