View major news and upcoming events to explore Penang’s thriving key industries.
March 5 – While joining mega trading blocs may be the solution for companies hit by the repercussion of the Covid-19 pandemic, the business community must always adopt a company-centric strategy. Special investment advisor to […]
[Press Release] 2020 Approved Manufacturing Investments Reached RM14.1 Billion; Second Highest in the History Amidst Challenging Times
Penang garnered approved manufacturing investments of RM3.5 billion in 4Q20, bringing cumulative inflows to RM14.1 billion for 2020. Despite the many uncertainties in place, 2020’s investment achievement was the second highest in the history, reflecting […]
The third stream of a series of financial support initiated by the Penang State Government since 2018 to empower high potential technology start-ups and enhance the growth of Penang’s tech ecosystem. PENANG, Feb 26, 2021 […]
Feb 12 – Malaysia has become a critical hub for Intel Corp’s global operations in delivering industry-leading products worldwide, corporate vice-president Robin Martin said. Martin, who is also managing director of Intel Malaysia, said Intel’s […]
Feb 1 – THE tech stock rally this month, which was particularly strong last week, should not come as a surprise to investors as many of the counters have hit all-time highs since last year’s […]
Jan 25 – MICRON Technology Inc, a US-headquartered provider of memory and storage solutions, is committed to offering employment opportunities to Malaysian workers who have been retrenched amid the COVID-19 pandemic as well as nurturing […]
Jan 15 – Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and Western Digital (WD) today announced a long-term collaboration to establish the Centre of Innovation and Automation (CiA), an exclusive technology hub that is focused on driving Industry […]
MIDA has published a list of high value investments in Malaysia for 2020. There are a total of 11 projects featured, and amongst them, 7 are in Penang. Click on link below to check out […]
Jan 13 – Greatech Technology Bhd has acquired a piece of land in Batu Kawan, Penang for RM13.36mil cash, as the company seeks to relocate its plant in Lunas, Kedah to a new site closer to […]
Digital Investment Summit for a GBS themed panel session discussing on Digitalization of GBS: Futureproofing Malaysia’s Attractiveness as a Global Digital Services Hub
(ウェビナー) 次のサプライチェーン多様化の目的地としてのマレーシア・ペナン州先：－東のシリコンバレー (WEBINAR – JAPAN Chapter) Your Next Supply Chain Diversification Destination:- Penang, Malaysia. The Silicon Valley of The East
ウェビナー スケジュール (2020年10月14日（水曜日) – 参加費：無料)
- 09:45 参加者様のログイン開始
- 10:00 司会からのご挨拶
- 10:05 開会の辞（JETRO KL）
- 10:10 MIDA最新の投資インセンティブの説明（MIDA東京事務所）
- 10:25 ペナン州の投資機会の説明（InvestPenang）
- 10:40 在ペナン州日系企業様によるご経験の共有
- 11:25 質疑応答
- 11:30 終了
- The Trade War and Covid-19 pandemic have caused major disruption in supply chain which have affected many manufacturing companies and businesses worldwide. These companies have started to rethink and transform their global supply chain model by shifting some of their operations to Southeast Asia as part of business continuity strategy.
- This webinar will facilitate Japanese companies who intend to explore new locations to diversify their supply chain and reduce future risks of supply chain disruption
Who should attend?
- Companies who is exploring for alternative location for relocation, expansion, and diversification their operation
- Learn real life investment and operating experience from Japanese companies who had already diversified their operation/supply chain in Penang.
- Understand the investment opportunities and incentives available from the Malaysia Government Agencies
Tentative Program (in Japan time and communicated in Japanese language)
- 1000 – 1005 Opening Remark by Webinar Emcee
- 1005 – 1010 Welcome Remark by JETRO KL
- 1010 – 1025 Update on Investment Incentives by MIDA Tokyo
- 1025 – 1040 Investment Opportunities in Penang by InvestPenang
- 1040 – 1055 Experience Sharing by TOWAM Sdn Bhd
- 1055 – 1110 Experience Sharing by JLL Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- 1110 – 1125 Experience Sharing by Panac Advanced Film Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- 1125 – 1130 Q&A Session
- 1130 End of Program
For RSVP, please click here
- Participation to the event is FREE.
- All interested participants shall register online by completing the information required. The Zoom invitation link will be sent to participants 1 – 2 days prior the event date.
- The registration shall close on Oct 13, 2020 (Tuesday) at 12pm.
- For further inquiry and should you face any problem in online registration, please contact William Email: email@example.com or Line/Whatsapp/iMessage at +6016-440 5589
For full information, please click
Click here to download the presentation material
- マレーシアハンドブック2020特別価格でのご提供のご案内 (Special Price – Malaysia Handbook 2020 by Jetro KL), till Oct 21, 2020 only
- Investment Opportunity Investment in Malaysia by MIDA Tokyo
- Investment Opportunity Investment in Penang by InvestPenang and Cost of Doing Business in Penang e-booklet
- Investment Experience Sharing by TOWAM Sdn Bhd
- Investment Experience Sharing by Panac Advanced Film Malaysia Sdn Bhd
CEO Speaks 2020: Empowering a Post-Covid Economy through Artificial Intelligence (A.I)
马来西亚槟城招商局 – 槟城研讨会2020 (网络研讨会）
2020年9月23日，星期三 | 上午10时
马来西亚槟城招商局 – 槟城研讨会2020
槟城州政府将与深圳市国际贸易商会（CCOIC Shenzhen）合作于2020年9月23日（星期三）上午10时举办《投资槟城网络研讨会》。 研讨会的主要目的是推广槟城成为厂商投资者的投资目的地，吸引外资在槟城设立生产设施等。目标听众是所有正在探索在马来西亚设厂的商家及有兴趣进一步了解槟城的人士， 预计大概100-150位听众参与。此研讨会的主要发言人是槟城首席部长特别投资顾问兼槟城招商局董事拿督斯里李家全先生。 我们诚意邀请您参与此研讨会。我们也希望您能够将此研讨会的信息传播给予有意将马来西亚槟城作为投资目的地之一的商业联系和公司客户等。 以下是研讨会议程供您参考，
|0945am||参会者登入网络研讨会平台 – 微信平台|
|1010am||网络研讨会开始 – 马来西亚槟城州首席部长投资特别顾问拿督斯里李家全先生简报|
如果有任何询问，请电邮至洪先生 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 或致电 +604-646 8833
My Penang, My Workplace – Career Exploration Week
We bring you this virtual career event Career Exploration Week: My Penang, My Workplace, a collaboration between InvestPenang & Jobstreet.com Malaysia and Penang State Government. Penang aims to remain as a conducive, desirable and sustainable destination for “Work, Live, Play and Invest” and we want YOU to be part of this journey!
Your key takeaways from this virtual career event :
- Get ahead in your career by connecting with the participating employers. Click the respective company’s logo to find out more!
- Get noticed by all participating employers. Click Deposit Resume to share your CVs with all the participating employers!
- Get inspired by the industry speakers! – Click the Webinars series to hear the insights and advices to stay relevant in the job market.
Call for action:
NO pre-registration required. Come and join us on September 26 until October 02, 2020, by just clicking this microsite link:
Kindly contact us at 04-646 8833 or send your enquiry to email@example.com for to know more about the virtual career event.
CEO Speaks 2020: Can FDI Drive ASEAN’s Post COVID Recovery?
InvestPenang is organising “CEO Speaks 2020” on 17 September 2020 (2.30pm – 3.30pm) on a virtual basis via Cisco Webex.
The following are the details of the event:
Topic: Can FDI drive ASEAN’s post COVID recovery?
Speaker: Mr. Edward Teather, UBS Executive Director and Senior Economist (ASEAN & Asia)
Topic Outline: Shifting supply chains was an important theme before the pandemic. How has COVID-19 changed the debate and on what factors does the outlook for ASEAN growth and FDI hinge?
Profile of Speaker:
Edward Teather is an Executive Director and senior economist in UBS’ Asian Economics Team, which has been a top-ranked team in several institutional investor surveys.
Ed specialises on the ASEAN economies (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines) while looking at the Asian economy more broadly. Ed joined UBS in 1998 and worked initially in UBS’ Global Economics Team. For eight years prior to his current role, Ed was a European Economist based in London, where his responsibilities included coverage of the Euro Area, and the German, Spanish, Italian and Scandinavian economies.
Ed is a UK national and has lived in Singapore since 2007. Ed studied economics at the University of Surrey in the UK and the University of North Texas in the US.
This webinar will be conducted virtually via Cisco Webex. Please register your interest via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/ceo-speaks-can-fdi-drive-aseans-post-covid-recovery-tickets-119375907553 before 14th September 2020. A confirmation email and login details shall be provided by 15th September 2020.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The China Series: Creating A Golden Ticket In Semiconductors
Self-sustainability is on the rise in China and many businesses are trying to find their place in this big puzzle. Join us for this free webinar as our panel of experts share insights on the current business landscape in China and how to compete in the nation.
Date: 3 September 2020 (Thursday)
Join us for this FREE webinar at: bit.ly/thechinaseries1
Smart Sourcing Summit Webinar Series 2020 themed Hyper- Collaboration the New Normal
The current COVID-19 pandemic has caused much disruption in the way we operate our business today. But that’s not stopping us to deliver our promises to our members as we continue to value add to the membership and the GBS industry. So here we are bringing to you the Smart Sourcing Summit Webinar Series themed Hyper- Collaboration the New Normal.
Apple and Google have teamed-up to create COVID-19 contact tracing technology. Europe announced an alliance raising billions of dollars to help find a vaccine and treatments for the virus. We are now seeing hotels and restaurants teaming up, rather than competing. Looks like “hyper-collaboration” is becoming the new normal.
What does hyper-collaboration mean? … Hyper-collaboration means seeing ecosystems for what they are: not just candy stores full of opportunities, but fiercely competitive arenas in which companies fight for the best partners, technologies and networks to create, build and defend added value.
Join us at this Smart Sourcing Summit Webinar Series 2020 and be part of the scintillating conversations with industry leaders.
Upon completing the RSVP registration form you will receive a subsequent email where you will be provided a link to the webinar by 31 August 2020
TECHFEST Live X ROAD-TO-WCIT Malaysia
TECHFEST Live X ROAD-TO-WCIT Malaysia is now coming to you this 18-20 November, 2020 out of George Town, Penang, Malaysia.
A hybrid event, broadcasting out of George Town, join us live in person at The Setia Spice Convention Centre for exclusive events AND tune in live on your screens for in depth discussions about the latest innovations, trends and topics in the Tech world.
Join and connect with InvestPenang to explore opportunities to Southeast Asia market access.