View major news and upcoming events to explore Penang’s thriving key industries.
Relaxation of Incentive Conditions for Manufacturing and Services Projects Approved under The Purview of MIDA
Apr 6 – The Government has agreed to provide certain relaxation of conditions to manufacturing and services companies that have been approved with incentives under the purview of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA). This […]
Apr 5 – Greatech Technology Bhd said it has secured its first purchase order in the United States from a new electric vehicle (EV) customer for equipment to produce lithium-ion battery cells. “This new order […]
Apr 3 – Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow has stressed the importance of obtaining more industrial land to spur investments in the state. “Penang drew in RM16.9 billion of total approved manufacturing investments in […]
Mar 31 – Committed in cultivating Penang’s talent pool, Boston Scientific, a world-renowned medical device manufacturer has recently contributed millions of in-kind donations to University Science Malaysia (USM) and Penang State of Education Department (JPN). […]
MIDA to Deliver Better Investor Experience with Re-engineered Processes, Launch of InvestMalaysia Portal
Mar 30 – The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)’s digital transformation initiative or better known as InvestMalaysia Portal, an online application submission portal, is now open to the public. “As Malaysia is adapting to this […]
Mar 29 – The Penang government will continue to focus on advanced manufacturing, besides further strengthening the industry clusters and making aggressive efforts to attract new talents to Penang this year. State Entrepreneurial Development, Trade […]
Mar 18 – The international trade and industry ministry (Miti) has introduced the Safe@Work initiative for companies to isolate workers identified as close contacts of a Covid-19 case. In a statement today, senior minister Mohamed […]
Mar 13 – CLARIVATE Plc, a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation, has opened the doors to its new global business centre (GBC) in Penang. The GBC […]
Mar 12 – Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow today launched the Penang Digital Transformation Masterplan to ramp up the state’s technological leap forward over the next three years. The masterplan falls under the state’s […]
[Webinar] Penang Investment (European Session) on Post Covid 19: Opportunities for European Companies in the Robust Supply Chain & Ecosystem in Penang, Malaysia
Title: POST-COVID 19: Opportunities for European Companies in the Robust Supply Chain & Ecosystem in Penang, Malaysia”
- Lee Kah Choon, Special Investment Advisor to the Chief Minister of Penang and Director of InvestPenang
- Rashidah Othman, Director, Malaysia Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Glen Brownlie, Managing Director, OSRAM Opto Semiconductor
- Mark Arthun, Managing Director, Smith & Nephew Operations
- Paul Morach, General Manager, Hittech Wemac
The panel session will be moderated by Mr. Marco Winter, Executive Director of Malaysia Dutch Business Council (MDBC).
Join us for the Penang Investment Webinar on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 4.00 pm – 5.30 pm [MY Time] | 10.00 am – 11.30 am [Central European Time]
This virtual session aims to provide a platform for businesses, consultants and investors to understand Penang, Malaysia’s investment climate, industry landscape, success stories as well as initiatives that make Penang the supply chain powerhouse in the South East Asia.
Participation in the event is FREE but RSVP is required (online registration). For RSVP, please click on the following link:
- The registration shall close on Wednesday, April 26, 2021 before 5:00pm [MY Time]
- For further inquiry and support, please contact Mr. Saiful Rizal (email@example.com) or Mr Chen William (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[Webinar] Penang Investment Webinar – Penang: Your Springboard to the World
Title: Penang: Your Springboard to the World – “Leverage on the State’s Future Ready Supply Chain Capabilities to Expand your Global Footprint”
- Dato’ Seri Lee Kah Choon, Special Investment Advisor to the Chief Minister of Penang and Director of InvestPenang
- Malaysia Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Mr Dave Mitchell, VP of Operation, Boston Scientific Malaysia
- Mr Mike Snell, Corporate VP, Manufacturing, Lam Research Corporation
- Mr Shankar Nagalingam, VP & GM, Clarivate Malaysia
The panel session will be moderated by Ms Siobhan Das, CEO of AmCham Malaysia.
Join us for the Penang Investment Webinar on Friday, April 16, 2021 at 8.00 am – 9.20 am [MY Time] | Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 8.00pm/5.00pm – 9.20pm/6.20pm [NY , US Time/SF, US Time]
The virtual session aims to provide a platform for businesses, consultants and investors to understand Penang, Malaysia investment climate, successful, investment stories, industry landscape as well as holistic state-led initiatives that make Penang the niche supply chain powerhouse in South East Asia.
Participant in the event is FREE but RSVP is required (online registration). For RSVP, please click on the following link:Register Now
- The registration shall close on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 before 5:00pm [MY Time]
- For further equiry, please contact Mr LEE YC (email@example.com) or Mr Ang KS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
[Webinar] SMART Capability Building Workshop: Strengthening Your Global Competitive Position with Bank Negara Malaysia HTF-NIA
Strengthening Your Global Competitive Position with Bank Negara Malaysia HTF-NIA
Featured Speaker :
Bank Negara Malaysia
March 23, 2021 @ 1000-1130
As announced in the Budget 2021 on 6 November 2020, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) has established a RM1 billion High Tech Facility National Investment Aspirations (HTF – NIA), as part of efforts to provide additional targeted assistance for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) affected by COVID-19.
The objective of HTF – NIA is to support high-tech and innovation-driven SMEs to preserve Malaysia’s competitive position in the global value chain, enhance the supply chain ecosystem and safeguard high-skilled jobs.
The HTF – NIA is built on the following key principles:
- Fulfil National Investment Aspirations (NIAs) of enhancing economic complexity, high-value job creation, domestic linkages and creation of new industrial clusters
- Companies adversely impacted by COVID-19 (Banks will make assessments to determine the level of impact)
The eligible sectors for HTF – NIA scheme are companies and SMEs (manufacturing and services) that fall under the following categories:
- Manufacturing and services of the following subsectors:
- Chemicals (including pharmaceuticals)
- Optical Scientific Equipment and Medical Equipment
- Machinery & Equipment (including Robotics, Drones, and Industry 4.0 technologies)
- Transport equipment (Aerospace; Vehicle and parts manufacturers involved in global supply chains or transitioning towards future mobility and green technology)
- R&D activities
- Any other high-tech industries/sub-sectors deemed eligible by BNM. please refer here for the full list of eligible subsectors.
- Participants of existing innovation projects for critical technologies such as blockchain, neurotechnology, drones, manufacturing technologies, bioscience technology, 5G/6G, 3D/4D/5D printing Industry 4.0 related technologies (AI, Big Data Analytics, cloud computing, IoT, additive manufacturing, system integrators, augmented reality, advanced materials, cybersecurity and autonomous robots).
For RSVP, please click HERERegister Now
- Participation in the event is FREE but RSVP is required (online registration).
- The registration shall close on March 22, 2021, 5pm.
- For further inquiry or support, please contact Mr. Chen William at email@example.com or 04-646 8833
[Webinar] Onwards & Upwards: Explore New Careers #1
We’re excited to share our upcoming webinar session! Get up close and personal with Penang’s industry leaders. Discover new job opportunities and learn how you can advance your career in Penang. Don’t miss out on this exclusive session.
Details of the webinar session as follows:
Onwards & Upwards: Explore New Careers #1
29 March 2021
2.30 pm – 4.00pm
Mark your calendars and ‘see’ you there!
[Webinar] Global Business Services – Thriving and Surviving in the Era of Pandemic
Join us for the GBS 1.5 Talk Series #1 on “Global Business Services – Thriving and Surviving in the Era of Pandemic” on Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 at 10.00 am – 11.30 am.
This is the 1st webinar series that InvestPenang and GBS Focus Group are hosting. In partnership with PwC, this webinar will deep-dive into the opportunities & challenges of the current business environment and to find out how the pandemic outbreak has raised the importance of business resilience and affected the GBS organisations.
Through this forum, we hope that participants would be able to understand:-
- How the GBS industry was impacted by the on-going COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges arise, especially from the perspective of remote work and delivery in GBS activities.
- What are the opportunities arising from COVID-19 and the strategies taken by business leaders in preparing and sustaining their GBS operations to achieve high productivity with a remote workforce.
|10.00 am||Introduction by InvestPenang|
|10.05 am||Opening Remarks – Penang : For Technology, Industry and Business
by Dato’ Seri Lee Kah Choon, Special Investment Advisor to the Chief Minister of Penang
|10.15 am||Presentation on “Malaysia GBS: The Transforming Landscape from the Industry Perspective”
by Mr Kim Chin Kuang, Division Chief Financial Officer and VP of GBS Finance, Jabil &
Chairman of GBS Focus Group
|10.30 am||Presentation on “GBS Resilience in the New World of Work: GBS Post-COVID, A PwC Perspective”
by Ravi Kittane, Financial Services Technology Lead – PwC South East Asia Consulting
|10.45 am||Panel Discussion and Q&A Session|
|11.30 am||End of event|
Kindly contact Ms. Shazanah Abdul Wahab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04-646 8833 if you require further information about this webinar.
We look forward for your good-self and your team to join us and benefit from this forum. Feel free to invite your network to join us virtually by extending this invitation, with no physical boundary and space limitation!
[Virtual Roadshow 2021] Penang SME Centre
As part of the State’s effort in promoting SMEs development, InvestPenang is organizing a virtual roadshow on Penang SME Centre to share the exciting offers and the latest subsidized rental rate structures in Penang SME Centre.
Shout-out to the new start-ups or existing companies who wish to expand their footprints in Penang!
Date: March 25th, 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 10.00 am – 10.30 am
Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_L7V4_etRQ7aqvY7TlBAI2Q
Check out HERE for more details.
For enquiry or further information, kindly contact Mr. Ang Kit Sin at email@example.com.
Digital Investment Summit for a GBS themed panel session discussing on Digitalization of GBS: Futureproofing Malaysia’s Attractiveness as a Global Digital Services Hub
(ウェビナー) 次のサプライチェーン多様化の目的地としてのマレーシア・ペナン州先：－東のシリコンバレー (WEBINAR – JAPAN Chapter) Your Next Supply Chain Diversification Destination:- Penang, Malaysia. The Silicon Valley of The East
ウェビナー スケジュール (2020年10月14日（水曜日) – 参加費：無料)
- 09:45 参加者様のログイン開始
- 10:00 司会からのご挨拶
- 10:05 開会の辞（JETRO KL）
- 10:10 MIDA最新の投資インセンティブの説明（MIDA東京事務所）
- 10:25 ペナン州の投資機会の説明（InvestPenang）
- 10:40 在ペナン州日系企業様によるご経験の共有
- 11:25 質疑応答
- 11:30 終了
- The Trade War and Covid-19 pandemic have caused major disruption in supply chain which have affected many manufacturing companies and businesses worldwide. These companies have started to rethink and transform their global supply chain model by shifting some of their operations to Southeast Asia as part of business continuity strategy.
- This webinar will facilitate Japanese companies who intend to explore new locations to diversify their supply chain and reduce future risks of supply chain disruption
Who should attend?
- Companies who is exploring for alternative location for relocation, expansion, and diversification their operation
- Learn real life investment and operating experience from Japanese companies who had already diversified their operation/supply chain in Penang.
- Understand the investment opportunities and incentives available from the Malaysia Government Agencies
Tentative Program (in Japan time and communicated in Japanese language)
- 1000 – 1005 Opening Remark by Webinar Emcee
- 1005 – 1010 Welcome Remark by JETRO KL
- 1010 – 1025 Update on Investment Incentives by MIDA Tokyo
- 1025 – 1040 Investment Opportunities in Penang by InvestPenang
- 1040 – 1055 Experience Sharing by TOWAM Sdn Bhd
- 1055 – 1110 Experience Sharing by JLL Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- 1110 – 1125 Experience Sharing by Panac Advanced Film Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- 1125 – 1130 Q&A Session
- 1130 End of Program
For RSVP, please click here
- Participation to the event is FREE.
- All interested participants shall register online by completing the information required. The Zoom invitation link will be sent to participants 1 – 2 days prior the event date.
- The registration shall close on Oct 13, 2020 (Tuesday) at 12pm.
- For further inquiry and should you face any problem in online registration, please contact William Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Line/Whatsapp/iMessage at +6016-440 5589
For full information, please click
Click here to download the presentation material
- マレーシアハンドブック2020特別価格でのご提供のご案内 (Special Price – Malaysia Handbook 2020 by Jetro KL), till Oct 21, 2020 only
- Investment Opportunity Investment in Malaysia by MIDA Tokyo
- Investment Opportunity Investment in Penang by InvestPenang and Cost of Doing Business in Penang e-booklet
- Investment Experience Sharing by TOWAM Sdn Bhd
- Investment Experience Sharing by Panac Advanced Film Malaysia Sdn Bhd