The Penang government has announced the formation of an ‘E-Learning Computer Program’ Task Force on 21 May 2020 dedicated to tackle the challenges of e-learning such as lack of internet connectivity and computer devices and so on.
The task force consists of government agencies, private corporations, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and dedicated individuals, aims to ensure that the education of students in the state is not compromised.
Six initiatives were introduced, namely:
- Computer device loan scheme.
- Used computer grant scheme.
- Technical support and maintenance.
- Computer literacy training programmes.
- Empowerment of communities through e-dialogue and e-forums.
- Purchase of computer devices at discounted prices and interest-free instalment scheme.
The corporate sectors, government agencies as well as the public are welcomed to donate fund for laptops or used computers to Penang Science Cluster (PSC) to be loaned, or to Swisspac for repairs to be able to distribute the computers to students in need.
Should you wish to contribute, please contact Miss Sim Phoi Yong, Special Officer to YAB Chief Minister of Penang cum Secretary of the Penang Chinese and Mission Schools Coordinating Committee at 017-5910366 or email@example.com.