organised by InvestPenang in collaboration with the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDec) as strategic partner
Date: July 18, 2012
Venue: Eastern and Oriental Hotel (E&O) Penang
- To discover why Penang is fast becoming the preffered Emerging Shared Services and Outsourcing City in the Region.
- To learn the best practices in Shared Services and Outsourcing business and how it creates value to the organisation
- To understand what it takes to be successful global shared services and outsourcing players
- To learn how the organisation position itself to be the Next Generation in Shared Services Centre and to learn the Centres of Excellence’s best practices
- To find out how the Global Economic and Financial Outlook impact businesses
Keynote Address by the Rt. Hon. Mr Lim Guan Eng, Chief Minister of Penang at the Shared Services & Outsourcing Conference 2012
Opening Adress: Mr. Michael Warren, Director of the Global Sourcing Cluster – Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (MDEC)
- Adopting the Shared Services & Outsourcing Model: Why and How (Mr. Jerry Durant, Chairman Emeritus of the International Institute of Outsource Management.) – (Slide)
- The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis: The Case of Malaysia (Mr. Fraziali Ismail, Director of Economics Department, Bank Negara Malaysia) – (Slide)
Next Generation of Shared Services: Deliver Game-Changing Performance from your shared servies organisation
Moderator: Dato’ Simon Wong, former VP of Operations, Global Consumer/SMB and Managing Director of Dell Malaysia.
Panel: Mr. Mark Grill, Executive for Shared Services, IBM Malaysia; Mr. Rohit Pushp, Trade Operations, Citigroup Transaction Services (M) Sdn. Bhd
Penang as a location for Centre of Excellence (COE): The Next Wave of Value
Moderator: Mr. Ooi Kok Seng, Partner, KPMG, Penang
Panel: Ms. Boonsiri Somchit, Chief Executive Officer, AMD Global Services (M) Sdn. Bhd; Ms. Chook Yuh Yng,Country Manager, JobStreet.com Sdn. Bhd; Mr. Joshua Ooi, Director Cash Operations, Citigroup Transactions Services (M) Sdn. Bhd.